How to remove greasy stains from clothes: 8 working methods
What you need to consider
- All described methods help to cope with oily stains. But if you are still afraid to take risks, it is better to just take the item to the dry cleaner.
- Fresh stains are easier to get rid of than old ones. Therefore, do not delay with this.
- Do not machine wash an item with a greasy stain without first treating it. Otherwise, it will be much more difficult to remove contamination.
- Any home remedy must first be checked on an inconspicuous area of clothing. This will ensure that the color of the fabric will not be damaged.
- If your chosen product does not deal with the dirt, try another, lightly rinsing off the previous one with water.
- Rub the detergent into a rough cloth with either brush or the back of a dishwashing sponge. It is better to rub a delicate thing with your hands or clean the stain with the cloth itself, as when washing.
1. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with dishwashing liquid
This is one of the most effective ways. Rub the liquid onto the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes or longer. Then wash the item in the washing machine.
2. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with laundry soap
This method is also very good at dealing with dirt. Lather the stain well using hot water and leave for at least 2 hours. Then wash the item by hand or in a typewriter.
3. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with chalk
Crush the chalk, cover the stain, and let it sit for an hour. Rough fabrics, such as denim, can simply be chalked liberally.
Then, throw your clothes into the washing machine. For safety, before this, you can additionally rub the stain with laundry soap dipped in hot water.
4. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with tooth powder
Cover the contaminated area with a thick layer of tooth powder. Place a paper towel on top and iron with a hot iron.
Powder the stain again, cover with a clean paper towel and place a weight on top. For this, a cooled iron is suitable, for example. Leave it on overnight and wash it by hand or in a machine.
5. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with salt and soda
If the stain hasn't even dried yet, you can simply try rubbing it well with salt. She is able to absorb fat. The salt should be changed periodically and the stain should be rubbed off until it disappears.
Use a mixture of salt and baking soda against dried stains. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of these substances in 150 ml of boiling water, rub the product into the contaminated area and leave for an hour. Then put the item in the washing machine.
6. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with a stain remover
This method is suitable if you are sure that the thing has a persistent color and does not fade.
Follow the directions on the packaging as each product may have a different use. Stain removers such as Vanish, Dr. Beckmann, Amway, Udalix.
7. How to remove greasy stains from clothes with starch and milk
Dissolve 4 tablespoons of potato starch in 50 ml of milk. Rub the mixture onto the stain and let it dry overnight.
Then clean off the mass with a damp sponge or directly under running water and wash the item by hand or in a machine.
8. How to remove talcum powder from clothes
It is a good absorbent. Apply a thick layer of talcum powder to the stain and leave it on for a few hours or overnight.
The item can then be washed, although this is not necessary. Simply shake off the product well from the fabric.